Despite continued uncertainty for the future shape of energy, it is clear digital technology will be critical to success. As the contours of this new energy world slowly come into focus, companies are anxious for lessons from early digital pioneers on: digital transformation impact on workplace culture and workforce, implementing innovative technologies at scale, enhancing efficiency and productivity across value chains, and role of AI and obstacles to adoption.
Taking place on 18 September in London, the FT Digital Energy Summit 2018 will continue to bring together over 150 decision-makers (CEOs, CIOs, CDOs,CTOs) from the digital energy community, including market dominators, brand challengers, innovators and cross-industry thought leaders, to track the impact of digital technologies - as part of wider transformation strategy - on an evolving market.
Scoping the future of the energy sector
- Digital transformation: Cross-industry lessons learnt in media
- Utilising digitalisation to support existing business models, enable new services and drive innovation and collaboration
- Enabling future-proof digital platforms at scale
- How can technology be embedded within an existing business process to contribute to productivity, value and, or profit?
- Scaling up blockchain-enabled “transactive grids” for sustainable energy solutions to improve clean energy tracking accuracy
- Cross-sector digital dialogue: Ensuring data integrity and trust
- Building digital capabilities across the organisationEmerging technology: Quantum computing and opportunities for the energy sector
To check the latest programme, please click here.
Andrew Ward, Energy Editor, Financial Times
Rodrigo Becerra Mizuno, Corporate Director and Chief Information Officer, Pemex
Sam Lloyd, Chief Information Officer, Telenet
Neil McIntosh, Managing Editor, BBC Online
Peter Jackson, Chief Data Officer, Southern Water
Åshild Hanne Larsen, CIO and Senior Vice President Corporate IT, Statoil
Jonathan Kini, CEO - Retail, Drax
Alisa Choong, Executive Vice President – Technical & Competitive IT, Shell
Jonathan Tudor, Technology and Strategy Director, Centrica Innovations
And many others.
How to register
If you would like to take part of this exciting event, EMC members, students and alumni can claim a 10% discount using the code EMC10. To claim your discount click here.
You can find more information about the FT Digital Energy Summit here.