On November 4th and 5th 2015, The Energy Summit brought together more than 150 senior representatives from the supermajors, the independents and national oil companies with executives in the power, utility and renewable sectors to discuss the future of the energy industry and what it will look like 15 years from now.
Attendees discussed the drivers for energy demand and supply going into the future and how much investment is needed to meet this demand. We also debated the implications of COP 21 for the energy business as well as what the future holds for unconventional oil and gas.
Key speakers included:
- Philippe Boisseau, President, Marketing and Services and President, New Energies, Total
- Nick Butler, Visiting Professor and Chair of the Kings Policy Institute, Kings College London
- Francis Egan, Chief Executive Officer, Cuadrilla Resources
- Howard Gruenspecht, Deputy Administrator, U.S Energy Information Administration (EIA)
- Thierry Lepercq, Chairman, Solairedirect
- Jean-Bernard Lévy, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, EDF Group
- Dominique Ristori, Director General for Energy, The European Commission
- Antoine Rostand, Global Managing Director, Schlumberger Business Consulting
- Eldar Saetre, President and Chief Executive Officer, Statoil
- Dev Sanyal, Executive Vice-president, Strategy and Regions and Member of Group Executive Committee, BP
- Maarten Wetselaar, Executive Vice-president, International Gas, Shell
For more information please visit: www.energysummit.economist.com